Subrosa has updated the 26″ Malum for 2016 with a cool new look.
Originally introduced last year for their 2015 lineup, this year’s version has a unique look with a “salvaged rat rod rust paint” finish (that’s smooth to the touch) and colorful Baja seat.
In terms of the bike itself, it features a full Cromoly frame, fork and handlebar. (Which is always welcome to hear!)
It’s not to shabby in the parts department either. The 26″ Malum comes complete with sealed female hubs, double-wall rims and a Shadow Interlock V2 chain.
Subrosa also recently dropped a video that highlights the specs of the new 26″ Malum.
Peep the list below for the rest of the specs:
- Frame – 100% Seamless Chromoly w/ Ovalized DT – 72° HT / 73° ST / 22″ TT / 16.5″ CS / 14.75″ standover, removable brake mounts
- Fork – 100% Chromoly, Tapered Legs
- Handlebars – 100% Cromoly 7″ rise / 12° backsweep / 1° upsweep / 29″ wide
- Headset – Rant Sealed Integrated
- Stem – Shadow Ravager Top Load
- Front & Rear Rim – Rant 36H Double Wall Alloy
- Front Hub – Rant 3/8″ Alloy Sealed Female Axle
- Rear Hub – Rant 14mm Alloy Sealed female Cassette
- Tires – Rant 2.20″
- Cranks – Rant Chromoly 8 Spline 3-piece.
- Bottom Bracket – Sealed Mid
- Sprocket – Subrosa Shred alloy
- Gearing – 25-11 Micro Gearing
- Chain – Shadow Interlock v2
- Pedals – Shadow Ravager Plastic
- Brakes – Rant Alloy U-brakes
- Seat/Post – Subrosa Baja mid pivotal
The complete bike weighs in at 30.5 lbs…not a featherweight for sure but definitely a ride that will stand up to any abuse you might throw at it.
Go bug your Subrosa dealer for availability and pricing.